Lava Chalk 16 2-Piece-Boxes
You Save: $12.04 (16%)
Lava Chalk 16 2-Piece-Boxes - CHLAVA16
Lava Chalk 16 2-Piece-Boxes - CHLAVA16 Product Description:
Lava Chalk Display with 16, 2 Pack Boxes Friction. It's the most important job of great billiard chalk. It's what holds your tip to the cue call for those critical milliseconds you still have control of your shot. And we've discovered a material that has physical and chemical properties that maximize friction and optimize chalk retention?lava. Straight from the Earth's molten core and recently a toasty 2000 degrees Fahrenheit, the key ingredient for our chalk is literally lava. Specifically, it's a basaltic magma that ends up as a rock called scoria. We take scoria, crush it, pulverize it, and convert it from volcanic slag to a powder. At that point, we use more traditional manufacturing methods, carefully calibrating our master blend to maximize the effects of the lava for billiard chalk. But why is lava good for the end of a pool cue? Viscosity and paramagnetism. Every rock we use is the result of lava that only flows at incredibly high temperatures. It takes these thermal extremes because of its high iron content. Once the lava transforms into rock, it reacts on a subatomic level with water, essentially gluing hydrogen bonds together, trapping moisture. The effect of this process is called paramagnetism, which creates viscosity thousands of times higher than water. Viscosity equals friction and friction is the single purpose of billiard chalk. What about the color? It's the iron. Basaltic lava starts out black, almost like oil, until it finally erupts. When it hits the atmosphere, it oxidizes and turns reddish brown, exactly like rust. We added a coloring agent to create the familiar blue everyone knows. Lava Chalk? is for real. Try it and see for yourself.
- Alamo Billiards will do our best to ship all items purchased by 2pm Central Time same day. Orders purchased after 2pm Central Time will ship next day. If we have any issues we will contact you via your email provided.
- We take our customer service serious we encourage all customers to email us with any questions, issues, or concerns. We can then try to find common ground to resolve any issues, or answer whatever question you have.
- We drop ship most our products from our suppliers and we do our best to match our inventory with theirs. In the event there is a mismatch we will work with you to make things right.
- All employees at Alamo Billiards are pool players themselves. Most have been to Los Vegas many times to compete. We know the game and the products. We don’t hire sales staff. We hire pool players with a passion for the game and the products!
- If we run into a product that has issues too often we delete it from our catalogs. We will not sell crap products to our customers.
- If you want a product that is not on our site email us. We will do our best to find it and get a good price on it. We also sell a lot of unique one of a kind exotic cues. Check them out in our rare pool cues section.